Pachamama's oregano is a natural and flavorful addition to any kitchen. Made from the finest quality oregano leaves, our dried herb captures the robust and savory flavor of fresh oregano.
Our oregano is carefully dried and packaged to preserve its natural flavor and aroma. We are committed to using only natural ingredients, free from any artificial additives or preservatives.
At Pachamama, we believe in sustainability and ethical sourcing. We work directly with farmers to ensure that they use responsible and sustainable farming practices, and that they receive fair prices for their crops.
Whether you're adding a sprinkle of oregano to your pizza, pasta sauce, or roasted vegetables, or using it to create a flavorful marinade or rub for your meat, Pachamama's all-natural oregano is the perfect choice. Trust us to bring you the best quality ingredients straight from the earth.
Oregano, a popular herb in the mint family, is well-known for its aromatic and flavorful qualities. It is widely used in Mediterranean and Mexican cuisines and offers various health benefits due to its rich content of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Oregano also possesses antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and immune-boosting properties.
How to use
How to use
Here are some common ways to use oregano:
- Cooking: Use fresh or dried oregano to add flavor and depth to various dishes, including sauces, soups, stews, salads, and roasted meats or vegetables.
- Immune support: Incorporate oregano into your daily diet to help boost your immune system, thanks to its rich content of antioxidants and essential nutrients.
- Respiratory health: Consume oregano in the form of tea, oil, or supplements to help alleviate symptoms of respiratory issues, such as coughing, congestion, and sore throat, due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Digestive aid: Sip on oregano tea to help support healthy digestion and alleviate gastrointestinal discomfort, such as bloating and indigestion.
- Skin care: Mix a few drops of oregano essential oil with a carrier oil, such as coconut or olive oil, and apply it to the skin to help treat minor cuts, scrapes, or insect bites. Its antimicrobial properties can aid in healing and prevent infection. However, it's essential to perform a patch test before applying oregano oil to a larger area, as it may cause skin irritation for some individuals.
- Oral health: Gargle with a mixture of water and a few drops of oregano essential oil to help improve oral hygiene and freshen your breath, thanks to its antimicrobial properties.
To prepare oregano tea, follow these steps:
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of dried oregano or a small handful of fresh oregano leaves to a teapot or infuser.
- Pour hot water (around 200°F or 93°C) over the oregano.
- Steep for 5-10 minutes, depending on your taste preferences.
- Strain the oregano and pour the tea into a cup.
- Optional: Add a touch of honey, lemon, or other herbs to enhance the flavor if desired.
Only to the US!